Fall is upon us again and it is time for choosing the best leaf blowers. Using a hand rake or brush can be tiring and they are not efficient. Leaf blowers can do the job in no time, and cleanly, as they suck the leaves and store them in a holding bag. Corded leaf blowers are light weight, inexpensive and efficient as long as it is applied to smaller lawns. Cordless leaf blowers can be expensive, but they are ideal for working in big gardens.
Tests done on electricity and gasoline powered leaf blowers show that none of the blowers are designed only for home owners or professionals alone, although some are more suitable for large lawns and some are suitable for smaller ones. The review is done taking into account motor, blowing speed, noise level, maneuverability and comfort.
Motor gives the leaf blower its driving force. It determines how much blowing speed the leaf blower will have. The more the motor performs, the more fuel it consumes. So this should be a factor of consideration when choosing from the best leaf blowers and vacuums.
One deciding factor between good leaf blowers and great leaf blowers is the number of added benefits that come with the blower to make it more user friendly and efficient. The best leaf blowers and vacuums offer variable speeds, which allows the user to set the speed of the blower for a length of time.
The fuel of your leaf blower is one of the determining factors, including the weight and noise level. Whether you choose an electric leaf blower or a gas powered one, you still have a lot of different factors determining if the leaf blower is comfortable to operate. A gas powered leaf blower needs a strong hand to rev up the engine. It is also important to determine if you have correctly calculated the amount of gas you need using the leaf blower and that it would cover the desired area.
In case of an electric leaf blower, you have to determine if the electric blower has enough charge to run the whole time of operation, or whether a power outlet is close by your working area, or long enough for you to continue your work seamlessly.
Noise level doesn’t determine a leaf blower’s capability by any means, but a noise leaf blower can be a nuisance. Choosing a lawn mower that makes comparatively less noise is always preferable over the ones that make too much noise for you to work in peace.
Design is an integral part of choosing the best leaf blower and vacuum. A leaf blower with a soft-grip handle is the most common, and widely provided by manufacturers. It has to be made up of a soft material, so that it provides little strain on your hands, and has to be at a good angle. If you need to vary your blowing speed, then a leaf blower with adjustable tube should be your number one choice. The size of the leaf blower and vacuum should also be taken under consideration.
The list of 10 best leaf blowers and vacuums is given below:
Echo PB-250LN Handheld leaf Blower:
The Echo is one instant where the air-movement number is just a numerical value that doesn’t explain the true potential of the machine. Usually, it indicates that an air-stream has to have high volume and it has to be shaped for maximum impact. The Echo PB-250LN is highly productive in spite of having low air-movement number. The Echo PB-250LN has a long tube, which lets you direct the flow of air in the direction of the object you want to move. Due to tube’s S-shaped curve, the blower tends to stay firm instead of twisting, that reduces user fatigue.Although it has a sliding Stop switch which can be troublesome for some users and an upside-down purge bulb which is kind of awkward to pump, the Echo 250LN is an amazing machine that can do the work in no time. The Echo PB-250LN is one of the best handheld leaf blower.Here is what it makes incredible:
- 391 CFM air volume that moves debris with ease
- 165 MPH airspeed
- Exclusive S shaped tube enables the user to control air direction
- Grouped controls
- Low noise, 65 dB(A)
Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower:
Hitachi RB24EAP is another incredible best handheld leaf blower in the market. It is famous for its electric power tools, and its gas-engine is what makes it efficient. The Hitachi RB24EAP is lightweight and produces an effective air-stream. The blower nozzle might look short and reducing the effectiveness of its air-stream but it is a master of moving soggy leaves and seedpods. Here is what makes it a mast have for you:
- Air volume at 441 CFM ensures that the machine blows out everything in its path
- Impressive air velocity of 170 MPH
- 9 cc Commercial grade 2-stroke engine guarantees long life and high performance
- Its lightweight (only 8.6 lbs) and amazing balance makes it easy to maneuver
Black & Decker BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher:
The Black and Decker BV5600 is one of the best leaf blowers. All you need to do is set its automatic choke to Start, give its recoil handle a pull, and the engine starts to rev up. The choke lever moves automatically to the run position. It has a comfortable handle that makes it easier to use, and a vibration isolation mechanism for user’s convenience. It moves debris exceptionally well. Here is what makes it a must have machine:
- A 12 amp motor that operates a 3-in-1 blower, vacuum and mulcher all in one
- 250 mph blower with 2 Speed selections, which makes it more efficient than other machines
- Can grind up to 16 bags of mulched material
- Can change between blower and vacuum without the use of any external tool
Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower:
This is one of those machines that is liked by everyone. The Husqvarna 350BT is another example of how air-movement numbers can be misleading. Although its air-movement number is on the lower side, the Husqvarna 350BT is one of the best backpack leaf blower, It has an extremely high work rate.
It provides a well-focused airstream that doesn’t waste any energy on turbulence. It also wastes no energy in the blower tube or in the housing or at the impeller. Husqvarna also provides a fan-shaped nozzle that increases the blower’s ability to skim refuse from pavement. The machine’s light weight and good balance make it easy to handle. The Husqvarna 350BT Here is what makes it worth the expense:
Lightweight blower with integrated back pack harness designed with landscape professionals and homeowners both in mind
- 1 HP X-Torq engine increase fuel efficiency
- Well ventilated and has a load-reducing harness with hip belt and wide shoulder straps
- Variable fan speed for easier handling
- CARB Compliant, 692.17 cfm air volume
Makita BHX2500CA Commercial Grade 4-Stroke 24.5cc Handheld Blower:
The Makita BHX2500CA is one of the best handheld leaf blower out there. Although its air-movement numbers were low compared with other blowers, it is able to move more debris and leaves as good as any other machine available in the market. The airstream is optimized and less turbulent. It is lightweight, therefore, it is more maneuverable and controllable. Here is what makes it one of the most reliable machines out there:
- Powerful and fuel efficient 24.5 cc 4-stroke heavy duty commercial engine
- Mechanical Automatic Engine Decompression enables it to start faster
- 67dB(A) noise level means that you can work in peace
- 8 lbs. weight
- Soft grip for less vibration
Toro 51621 UltraPlus Blower/Vac:
Toro 51621 is the handheld leaf blowers and vacuum for users who want a simple and effective machine. It has unmatchable balance and its all-round basic design gives the user a sense of comfort. Its simple design and features allow it to be maneuvered as per requirement of the user. It is not one of the flashiest leaf blowers packed with features and can do a lot of things at once, but it does its job pretty easily and smoothly. Here is why it has been a companion for thousands of people:
- Powerful 250 mph wind velocity
- Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, shred-all shred ring and time-saving oscillating tube included; Extension cord Sold separately
- Variable speed control for controlling both Vacuum and blower with equal efficiency
WORX WG545.1 WORXAIR Lithium Cordless Leaf Blower
The WORX WG545.1 ‘worx’ like a charm. It helps you create and maintain a clean zone around the house. It has a powerful lithium ion battery that gives it the power to work for long hours and makes it convenient for the user. Its compact design makes it easy for the user to carry the machine easily and even travel with it. Here is what makes it so much user friendly:
- Cordless convenience with the powerful 20-volt MAX lithium battery
- Includes 8 attachments for an array of inflating and blowing tasks
- 120 mph air speed with 80 cfm air flow
- only 3.5 lbs weight means that it can we carried around with ease
DEWALT DCBL720P1 Cordless Leaf Blower:
The DEWALT DCBL720P1 is an incredible machine that uses an innovative axial fan design to maximize air output and run time. It features variable speed trigger and speed lock which provides the user with maximum control of the blower, which gives up to 400 cubic feet per minute of air volume and 90 MPH of air speed. This blower has a low noise performance (61 dB). Its Brushless Motor ensures efficiency and durability.This incredible machine is one of the best leaf blowers. Here are some of the features packed into this amazing machine:
- Includes 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery and charger that provides long lasting power support
- Variable trigger and speed lock for user’s convenience
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- 400 CFM and 90 MPH air velocity
Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower:
Husqvarna brings you another incredible machine. The Husqvarna 952711925 is one of the best gas leaf blowers, This machine is efficient, hardworking and long lasting. It features a very high work rate that satisfies all of its customers. Its well-adjusted airflow ensures no energy is wasted. Husqvarna provides a fan-shaped nozzle that increases the blower’s ability to skim refuse from pavement. The machine is light weight and good well-balanced which makes it easy to handle. Here is what it makes one of the best machines in the market:
- The fan housing is engineered to reduce stress on the wrist and arm
- Fan speed can be set in a way that the machine is easier to handle
- The blowing tube length is adjustable for best performance
- CARB Compliant
Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower:
The Maruyama BL85-T is as efficient as they can get. Its incredible airflow makes sure the leaf blowing is clean and precise. It is powered with a 64.7 cc 2 cycle engine which makes sure it has a long life. Its extra heavy duty padded straps and back pad ensures operators comfort.
- Super powerful 900 cubic foot per minute airflow
- 200 MPH at the tube tip
- Powered by a 64.7cc Kawasaki 2cycle engine
- 4 independent suspension springs protect the operator from engine vibration
- Extra heavy duty padded straps and back pad for increased operator comfort
This concludes our list of 10 best leaf blowers and vacuums. Make one of these machines your leaf blowing and vacuuming associate and enjoy the season to the fullest.
You may also like to read about:
- 10 Best Snow Blower Reviews Under $2000
- 7 Best Garden Tractors Reviews Of 2016
- 7 Best Cordless Lawn Mowers Review of 2016
- 10 Best Riding Lawnmower Reviews Under $2000
- 10 Best Outdoor Generators Review 2016
- 10 Best Leaf Blowers & Vacuums Reviews 2016
Lawn Care Pal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links.